Do you plan to port the program to another platform ?
- Not at the moment, I would like to write a Machintosh version but I don't have a Mac, and I also considered doing a BeOS port but
I don't know if there are enough users interested (and I also don't have it). In case you're a programmer and you want to try to do it yourself,
I'll be releasing the source code soon.
That's great ! Can I have the data files for the 6 episodes version ?
- Yes, go to your favorite computer store and BUY THE GAME ! Distributing those files is illegal
and if you e-mail me asking for it, I'll ignore your message.
How can I make my 3DFX card work ? (Windows)
I've got this from a user:
Note: This is probably only valid for Voodoo2-cards in Win9x.
First of all, you'll need to have the latest (and probably last) version
of 3Dfx's Voodoo2-drivers, v.3.03.00, because it's the only version
with somewhat proper OpenGL-support. However it also has a few
nasty bugs that cause strange behaviour with some games (atleast
NFS3 and WolfGL), so we want to use the second latest v.3.01.01
instead, but we need the OpenGL-part of the new one, so here's
what you need to do.
1) Get both versions 3.01.01 (dated Jan.1999) and 3.03.00 (June 1999) of the 3Dfx-V2-driver
2) Install v.3.03.00
3) Install v.3.01.01
4) Copy 3DFXVGL.DLL from your windows\system -directory to your WolfGL -dir. and rename it to OPENGL32.DLL
5) Run WolfGL and pray for the best. :-)
Where can I find libGL.so and libGLU.so ?
If you don't have those libraries installed you can use Mesa OpenGL, make sure that you take a look at the
README.X11 file and make the required symlinks: "ln -s libMesaGL.so libGL.so" and "ln -s libMesaGLU.so libGLU.so".
How can I make my 3DFX card work ? (Linux)
I don't have a 3DFX card but a user sent me the following script:
wolfgl -width 640 -height 480
Essentially, the MESA_GLX_FX must be correctly set in the environment and
the game must open it's window in a size for which there is a valid
screenmode defined in the XFree86 configuration. Of course the Mesa and
Glide libraries need to be correctly installed beforehand.